Bay area

K. Summers

*Having gone through M7's stock and restocking what's needed after roll call I head outside of the bay to have a cigarette.  Pulling out a Winston from my pack as I step out on the freshly paved asphalt I put the cig between my lips and light it up.  As I take a drag I look out at my surroundings.  There's not much; just trees and fields.  Of the buildings I can see there's not one that looks like it's over 2 stories tall.  As I exhale smoke I can only think to myself that maybe I'll get to sleep throughout most of this shift.*

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1315

*i walk into the Bay Area and grab my gear off the Engine and put it on the rescue*

'good lord this thing is old hopefully it actually starts'

*i climb in the back and test my air bottle outta my jumpseat*

'good at least the SCBA tanks work.. well i guess its time to check out the rest of the station'

*i put my Air bottle back in the seat and start walking around the rest of the station*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2012

*I walk out to the bay, looking over the truck. It felt a little nostalgic, throwing me back to when I was a kid, climbing around on the firetrucks in the volunteer station at home. That truck had been replaced years ago, though, at that department. I affectionately pat the nose of the truck.*

'You might be old, but I bet you'll still do us just fine for this shift.'

*I start looking it over, making sure everything on the truck checked out.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

*I walk out to the bay, smiling at the Mack. I had worked on an engine just like it at Engine 14 when I was hired. We had put in a ton of work on that engine - it was new then, and fires were a lot more common back then. That Mack had been a warhorse. I had ridden backwards and wheeled it all over Delmore. And now, nearly thirty years later, here I was working on one again. It looked to be in decent shape, actually. Probably the pride of this fleet. Mack made a good truck back in the day, even though they didn't make fire apparatus anymore. I open the bay door and hop into the truck, cranking it up so I can pull it onto the apron and give it some TLC.*

Edited by estone

ladder31ff.png

Firefighter Dave Wilson
Ladder 1

Badge 2013

‘ holy hell , i dident think these were around anymore’ * i say as i walk into the bay seeing dave pull out the engine the station might need to be demoed and  rebuilt but judgeing from the sound of the engine,we might not be totally screwed* ‘sounds strong’ * i move to stow my gear aboard the truck* ‘ want or need any help?’

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

*Heading out to the bay I see that the engine was brought outside.  That's fine.  Wanted to go through my gear to make sure I have everything before getting it on the truck.  So as I squat down near where the engine used to be I open up a large bag and begin going through the brand new gear the department provided me with.*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

*I finish up doing the shift paperwork and walk outside to the bays where I see the new girl who I assigned as a third getting in the cab of the ambulance*

'Why in the fuck is the new person in the front?'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*Listening to Breslin's reply I raise a concerned eyebrow and sigh.  Well the new girl's action doesn't necessarily mean she bad in the field but professionally it doesn't bode well either.*

'Seriously?  Well, as long as she knows what she's doing medically.'

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Badge 1315

'Well, I guess she's going to learn when she gets back then.'

*Not much else I can say.  Don't know the girl and so long as she doesn't kill anyone I doubt I'll care enough to badmouth her.*

'Anyways, changing subjects.  Though I'm sure I know the answer can I interest you in babysitting Saturday night?  Me and Martin would like to go out on a date.'

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Badge 1315

*Knowing that I'm off I think of saying yes before remebring Callie has been trying to save up for a new laptop.*

'Would it be cool if my sister could? Shes been trying to get some side cash and shes responsible'

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*as the rescue comes to a stop in the bay i jump off taking off my bunker pants and putting them back on the rescue and putting my station shoes back on*

'Rescues back i wonder how long till the next call.. he didn't appear injured' 

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

• 5 weeks later...

*As we get back to the station I get out and help Dave back the engine back in the bay by spotting for him.   When the engine is back in it's spot I take off my gear and put it back in the spot they were in before the call.  With nothing else to do after that I head on up to the lounge to watch some TV or something.*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Badge 2021

• 3 weeks later...

*id walk out with my ice coffee and throw out of the trash can I stocked up on gauze and make sure everything good I also check where everything thing is I get out of the ambulance and smoke a cigar waiting for a call hopefully we don’t get any crazy shooting calls again I look at my phone waiting for calls*

medic1emt.png

EMT Aylssa Smith
Medic 1

Badge 2020

• 1 month later...

'Hey Doug, I know 5 is your regular truck, I don't want to overstep my bounds. So if you want to drive or tech let me know.'

*I say as I step out and light up a cigarette*

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

'We'll figure it out when the time comes'

*I reply to Breslin following her outside for her cigarette; I'm not typically a smoker myself, except for when I'm drinking, but I always hang outside with the smokers. I lean against a wall outside taking a sip of my coffee and taking in the morning air*

image.png

Paramedic Doug McGuire
Medic 1

Badge 0907

*I light my cigarette up as I step outside with Doug. I lean against the frame to the bay door. I point the pack at Doug not knowing if hes a smoker or not but I dont want to seem like an asshole.*

'Want one?'

image.png

O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*id step outside with my vape pen and looking at the sky I’d get a call from my friend I’d decide to answer*

”Hey I am at work what wrong? Everything Okay”

“My leg is fractured”

“Call 911 A local ambulance Will come to you”

”I don’t wanna go to hospital”

”well what am I supposed to do”

”Your Emt Duh”

”well didn’t you hear me I am at work”

”well how bad the pain 1-10”

”10”

”okay is turning purple or black”

”yes it is”

”call a freaking ambulance then”

”ugh Fine”

*what am gonna do with this girl I take a another puff of my vape pen and hang up*

Edited by Aidan721

medic1emt.png

EMT Aylssa Smith
Medic 1

Badge 2020

• 4 weeks later...

‘ sure bobby works so does ray, med 3’s right over here’ * i respond as i lead the new medic through the bays* ‘ fronts for fire our bays are two doubles in the back, if the other shift was nice  thry restocked our truck for us, if they were real nice they even refueled the thing for us too, were the Type  3 If i remember the rosters, im normally on medic5’ * i  reply as i lead him through the door connecting out bays to fires Then gesture to our truck After i get the key fir it a d sign the truck out  in the logbook by our supplys* ‘ you wanna drive or we alternating or what, i ask cause every partner ive worked with is diffrent’

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714