Duty Room

K. Summers

*After getting another update pushed to my phone from the news I'm starting to get the bad feeling we might be involved with this fire. And since I sent Rodriguez home, I need to revise assignments. I finish posting up the assignments, heading back into the lounge to let the crews know there's been changes.*

Car 22 - Summers

Engine 11 - Baker, Stone, Weston, Valentine

Ladder 31 -Noel, Raven, Garcia, Hannahan

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1612

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

*I walk into the duty room with a cup of coffee in hand, taking a seat and sipping on my coffee. Looked like I was the first one in, but that was unsurprising. I had always been early to shifts.*

'Wilson here.'

ladder31ff.png

Firefighter Dave Wilson
Ladder 1

Badge 2013

* after parking and locking my truck i walk to the bed  hop in then open the tool box having for whatever reason threw my gear bag into it slinging my duffel over my shoulder i close up the box and hop down then head into the duty room stopping to grab a mug of coffee from the lounge*  ‘hey guys’ * i clip my truck keys to my belt i dont know why i dident leave wm in my rack when i stowed my duffel bag and pulled a station uniform on all the sane ill do it later  i lean aganst the back wall taking a pull from the mug in my hand*

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

* i park my truck in the lot parking  and as the end of lynard skynards freebird  finishes which i had cranked up i kill the truck and head inside clipping my keys to my belt  ive got spare clothing  in the bunk room so i just lean aganst the  wall* ‘howdy howdy bobby rays in the house y’all’ * i make it clear to say my name loud enough for tom to hear it’

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1714

'Walking in i put my sunglasses in my shirt pocket as I walk in the door.'

‘howdy howdy bobby rays in the house y’all’ 

*I cringe*

'Ok Alyssa were gonna go in the office to avoid the creepy redneck.' I say softly to myself

*I open the door to my office and grab the print out of staff.*

'No callouts this shift. Good.'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*I pull up in the parking lot, my car sputtering to a stop. This old beater was a piece of shit, just like my ex-wife. I never drove my good cars to work. One of these fucking animals would probably fuck with it. I didn't understand how that fireman trusted everyone enough to drive that Chevelle. I step out and take a drag of the cigarette I've been working on for the past thirty seconds. I'm almost finished with it. I walk up to the door, burning the cigarette down to the filter in the intervening time. I flick the butt and head inside to the duty room, stepping in and standing at the back. I don't say anything - I don't need to. I always show up eventually, even if it's a little on the late side.*

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Badge 2008

I pull in next to Murdoch's shit car in my now falling apart Charger. I grab my duffle and head on inside. I pass the Captain's office and stick my head in, "Frank's called out sick, he forgot to pay his phone bill so he couldn't call in. He said he knows the policy, he understands it, and it won't happen again." 

Fire%20Generic.png
Firefighter/Paramedic Ewan Raven, Paramedic In Charge
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142

*Parking a little ways off from the row of cars quickly gathering, I clip the keys to my bag and head in towards the duty room. My first time actually reporting in with these guys and I'm wondering which unit I'll be tossed on.*

spacer.png

Firefighter Paramedic Michaela Gray
Rescue 9

Badge 1208

*I hate Aubrey's ridiculous schedule. It's almost impossible for me to get any sleep with her music going while she's working in the living room, all the lights on at all sorts of odd hours. I swear one of these nights I'm just going to fucking crash in my car rather than deal with her shit. Maybe I can get a cheap hotel for a night. With daydreams of a soft white bed in my head, I walk into the station to report in for shift. I'm among one of the last to arrive which is beginning to happen with disturbing regularity. At least I'm not late this time.*

medic12pm.png
Paramedic Rory Dunne
Medic 1

Badge 1804

I look over in time to see Sparks bring in some Starbucks and what appears to be a pastry or a sandwich. "Hey, hey, hey what the fuck Sparks? You too good to eat our breakfast around here?" I ask.

Fire%20Generic.png
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142

'Thanks for the heads up, Raven.'

*I head into the duty room from my office, standing up at the front of the room.*

'Alright everyone, before we start I'd like to announce the promotion of Marcus Stone to Lieutenant. If you all could join me in congratulating him on his promotion.'

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Badge 1612

'Hey, hey, hey what the fuck Sparks? You too good to eat our breakfast around here?'

'Hey hey hey, I haven't had a chance to eat breakfast here in the past 4 or 5 shifts...consider this an insurance policy. Plus, you know I'm a fat ass at heart...I'm always good for a second breakfast.' I reply.

'Alright everyone, before we start I'd like to announce the promotion of Marcus Stone to Lieutenant. If you all could join me in congratulating him on his promotion.'

*I start clapping*

Generic%20Paramedic.png

Logan Sparks, Paramedic
Medic 2
Shiloh County Fire Department, EMS
Badge 1808

"Well get ready for a third breakfast." I say to Sparks." 

Alright everyone, before we start I'd like to announce the promotion of Marcus Stone to Lieutenant. If you all could join me in congratulating him on his promotion

Sparks starts clapping and is at first the only person to clap. A few others join in to ease the awkwardness. I reach back by my bag and pull out a grocery bag and pull out a cake. It has candles that say "Happy Birthday" on it, and written in icing it says "Congratulations on being a fucking disappointment", I go ahead and set it on the table in the duty room and pull out knives, forks, and some plastic plates. 

Fire%20Generic.png
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142

*I break out into a smile as Summers makes the announcement. I had been working hard for it, and it felt like my work was paying off. I wave off the clapping, grinning.*

'Thanks, you guys. Thanks a lot.'

*I chuckle as Raven pulls out a cake and I get a glimpse of the icing.*

'Great cake, dude. I plan on continuing as a disappointment.'

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

*I join in the clapping, chuckling at the celebratory cake. I will never turn down sugar in the morning. Lieutenant Stone it is then. He seems like a solid dude and I like the atmosphere here. Not too buttonedup at all like some other places I've been.*

spacer.png

Firefighter Paramedic Michaela Gray
Rescue 9

Badge 1208

• Kat changed the title to Duty Room