Duty Room

K. Summers

*I look at the four other firefighters on my shift and sigh. It's just Stone, Noel, Baker, Miller and I.*

'Alright, everyone's going to be with me on the engine today, this shift is running a little light.'

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1612

"Hell yes. I mean.. no.. why..."

I first pump the whole way out to the van. "Running admin, you need anything? Just text it to me." 

I put on my Oakley blades and walk into the sun. Suns out guns out. I get in, and blast wu tang. I drive by the front and yell "SHILOHS HEROES GANG GANG". I'm finally catching up with cool things.

spacer.png
Firefighter Paramedic Frank Garcia
Squad 1

Badge 1122

*I pull up into the parking lot, parking crooked in a spot in my beat-up car. I get out, snuffing out my cigarette as I hustle up to the door. My shirt was wrinkled and untucked, and I honestly wasn't sure if it was clean or not. I swipe myself in and head to the duty room, knowing I was at least an hour late. I had called the supervisor phone and left a message letting them know I'd be late. I had woken up passed out in my backyard, which honestly wasn't that unusual. So of course I had needed some time to gather myself before I got in. I hastily tuck my shirt in as I walk into the duty room, looking to see if any of the officers were still here.*

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2008

*Due to changed units and a shifted PM and FF, I send alerts to the station officers for updated assignments. This will euther go well, or like total shit. Let's take a gamble, I think.*

"SCFD Station 1, check assignments" announced on the intercom.

EMS

EDO-1 - Lt. Breslin

Fast Response 1 - PM Dunne

Medic 1 - PM Murdoch, EMT Jackson
Medic 5 - PM Sparks, EMT Sjostrom

FIRE

Shift Command, Unit 22 - Cpt. Summers

Engine 11 - Lt. Baker, FM Stone, FM Noel, FM Miller.

Squad 1 - FM Garcia, FM Raven

Rescue Ambulance 1 - FM Weston, FM Rodriguez

I finish my cigarette by my car. The shit wagon is falling apart and I have no money to repair the damn thing, much less replace it. The nicotine starts to hit and my nerves calm, it's cold out but I'm exhausted and don't have the energy to feel the temperature. Even though I feel like garbage I'm still a half hour early to Operation Enduring Clusterfuck. I burn down to the filter and figure it's time to face the music. I go through the side door and look at the assignment board for the day. 

"Fuck it. Maybe it's going to be a good day after all."

Fire%20Generic.png
Firefighter/Paramedic Ewan Raven, Paramedic In Charge
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142

*Such a short turn around, it's the start of a new shift before I know it. I park my car in the employee lot out back. It's a crappy spot and I'll move for sure later, but it'll do for now. I walk around the back, taking my gear bag out of the back and heading in. Seeing the outgoing shift, I nod and smile.*

'Morning fellas.'

'Aren't you a sight for sore eyes.'

'Drink it in, soon you'll be free!'

*I chuckle as I head towards the apparatus floor to drop my things, and report to the duty room. I almost announce myself, until I realize it's just me here. While I hear the guys from the other shift mulling about outside, I go through my phone, waiting for the others to join up. My stomach doesn't feel right today, and I can't put my finger on why.*

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

* another day another 72 hour shift i pull my truck into the lot and kill it as i climb out i grab my gear bag and sling it over my shoulder like i used to sling my navy duffel my dog savanna hops out next moving to do her buisness in the shrubs  not on the property but an empty lots i then opt to grab her food bag and carry my shit in to the apparatus floor hitting the lock button on my key fob for my truck as i clip my keys timo my station pants which im already wearing aswell as a department t under my sweatshirt i give noel a nod after i give the other shift crew a two finger wave* ‘ in your spot girl go lay down’ i say to savanna who dashes inside  to the far corner of the bay and lays down* ‘ morning noel’ * i say as i enter the duty room  still holding my bag for whatever reason ive put savannas bag of food away atleast or at least outta the way in the bay*

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

*I pull into the parking lot and park my shitbucket away from the door. I get out, a lit cigarette hanging out of my mouth as I sip on a coffee. I walk towards the door, finishing the cigarette before I flick the butt and head inside.*

'Murdoch present.'

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Badge 2008

* opting to take my baby into work today i carefully pull my chevelle into the parking lot park then lock my car after i cut the fuel off with the hidden killswitch i move inside and after fixing myself a coffee  and storeing my bag i enter the duty room clipping my car keys on my pants* ‘mornin y’all’ * i say with a healthy swig of coffee following*

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

Having just returned from a call, I hop out of the drivers seat of the medic unit. My current partner is finishing the report on our last call, and is likely headed home. I, on the other hand, am only half way through a 48 hour shift. My overtime shift was part of a trade, so I’ll have a day off in the future, which will be nice.

I got about a solid combined total of 2 hours of sleep last night, so today’s going to be fun.

Before heading to the duty room, I stop by the lounge and grab some coffee with cream and sugar.

I walk into the duty room to get my assignment for this shift, coffee in hand.

’Here’

Edited by Chris07

Generic%20Paramedic.png

Logan Sparks, Paramedic
Medic 2
Shiloh County Fire Department, EMS
Badge 1808

*Walks in the door and looks around.*
"Smells like diesel in here..."

*He walks to the gear lockers and looks for a locker for himself. Doesnt seem to be any more available so he lays his gear, that he had brought in from his car, on the ground in an open space next to the lockers. He then turns around and makes his way into the station's duty room to see a women with what looks to be Captains bars on her lapel.*

"How are ya ma'am? Names John Hannahan. I dont believe we have met?"

*I say with a bright smile, offering my hand for a shake.*

spacer.png

Firefighter John Hannahan, EMT
Ladder 31

Badge 1132

*ERT Confirmation of Role Call, subject to change at commanding officer's disrection*

Engine 11 - Summers, Stone, Noel, Valentine, Hannahan.

Squad 1 - Garcia, Raven

Rescue Ambulance 1 - Weston,  Rodriguez

Fast Response 1 - Sparks

Medic 5 - Jackson, Murdoch

*I crack a small smile as Hannahan addresses me. I shake his hand and raise an eyebrow.*

'Captain Summers. It's a pleasure.'

*Mere moments after we've wrapped up role call I hear the tones for our truck over the intercom. A hangup with audible screaming? Someone's not having a good day.*

FireCpt%20Generic.png

Captain Karen Summers
Unit Not Assigned

Badge 1612

• Kat changed the title to Duty Room