Duty Room

K. Summers

.’ Back in the city thank god’ * i say as i ease my truck into a spot by the house,park then step out locking it behind me having grabbed my duffelbag from the trucks toolbox which i stow in my bunk inside then enter the duty room* ‘ outtta the sticks and back in the city, morning guys,sorry i couldent make the party had to help an old shipmate clear his stuff outta his  apartment his girl and him bought a house back home’

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 1319

.*id walk in after the whole incident last shift I have a feeling Breslin wanna talk to me hopefully she won’t make me do all the paperwork I’d come in see Doug I need talk to him about last shift and say I’m sorry To also say sorry too Bobby I feel really bad should of waited for my team*

medic1emt.png

EMT Aylssa Smith
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 2020

*I pull into the parking lot in the beat-up junker I use as a daily driver. It sees about as much abuse from me as anything else. I put out the cigarette I smoked on the way over and light another one as I step out, walking up towards the smoker's post at the front of the building. I burn it down quick and then toss it in the post, continuing into the building. I was a few minutes late, but honestly, who cared. I had a throbbing headache from the massive amounts of PBR that I had consumed last night. I pass by the duty room, ignoring the roll call actively taking place, and walk into the crew room. I pour myself a cup of the cheap coffee and then walk back to the duty room, stepping in.*

'I'm here.'

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Badge 2008

Bye darlin,thabnks for the rid into work,ill call ya when i need a ride back home' * i say as i step outqa  skylars wrangler she smiles and i exchange a kiss as i grab my duffe bag and cofee then head into work,the ride into the city from our new place in kimberley was longer then id of liked but  ill needa get used to it as i walk in and her truck pulls away it dawns on mr thst next month,me and skylar finally marry ontop of a move out to the sticks,setting the realirty of our life changeing in a month as i walk into the duty room,i take a pull from my coffe as i toss my duffel into the  male EMS quarters* 'howdy y'all'

Edited by Vanguard

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

*Walking in I see the EMS crew. Doing the walk of shame since I was told the memorial day party was fucking lit. Walking by I go to my office to see the printout if there were any bangouts. Dunne is still out, Maybe I'll call him to check in. Sitting down at the desk I see the incident reports leafing through them I see I'm missing one from Smith. Fucking great. I walk outside and address the collective EMTs*

Command Car

Breslin

M1

Erika

Murdoch

Calahan

M5

Jackson

Doug

Smith

'M5 crew my office.'

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*my good day plumits when i hear  breslin call me and my crew into her office,i havent even sat down and smiths already done pissed her off and probably gotten me fired cause of whatever she did* 'yes ma'am' * i say as in my telltale texas drawl as i turn around and walk out as smith passes me * 'what in the hell did the dumbass fuck up now....' * i utter out of earshot to her but doug and some firefighers or other EMS c crews can hear it*

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Badge 1714

*I nod in acknowledgement of both my assignment and request into the office. I take a sip of coffee is a stand up and start to make my way out of the room. I look over at Jackson as he mutters under his breath and nod as I continue out the door into the office*

image.png

Paramedic Doug McGuire
Medic 1

Badge 0907

• Kat changed the title to Duty Room

*I pull into the station parking lot and park my truck before heading inside, I see that the Engine and Truck are gone, makes it a nice way to surprise them with my return to duty even if this shift was just a lighter duty. I take a quick walk around the station to see if anyone was around. I look into the duty room noticing a firefighter sitting in it so I step in*

’Hey. You New to the station?’

*I could only assume they were new or they just had a reason to be late, but the most likely cause to sit around the duty room at least in my opinion was to be new.*

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Badge 1704

*I nod toward Almond and give him a welcoming smile.*

'Welcome to Station 1, as you could probably already tell the others are out on a call. I'm Lieutenant Baker, if you got any questions let me know, otherwise...you're pretty much free to hang out until they get back and assign you a unit. If you don't want to sit around and wait you can do some gear drills in the bay. Practice getting your full gear on and off, including mask and SCBA, and see how quickly you can do it.'

*I offer the first idea that comes to mind that doesn't require any tools if he decided he didn't want to just sit and wait, and didn't have any questions*

engine11lt.png

Engine 11

Badge 1704

*As the new guy walks in, I offer him a smile as well and extend my hand.*

'Good morning, I'm Lieutenant Stone. Well, today it's Acting Captain, but Lieutenant is fine. Pleasure to meet you.'

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

*I smile at Stone as he pokes his head in*

'Oh you know, stubborn as ever. He can't make anything easy. It's good to be back though, missed you guys.'

*I smile again before seeing Almond come back in*

'I found our new probie while you guys were out. Had him do some drills while he waited. Speaking of, how'd they go?'

*I ask Almond as I look to him*

engine11lt.png

Engine 11

Badge 1704

*I nod toward Almond with a small smile.*

'Dummy drags, good use of the time. Keep up the good work.'

*I turn my attention back to Stone*

'How'd the call go anyway? Sounded like a fun time.'

engine11lt.png

Engine 11

Badge 1704

'Missed you too. Glad to see you're back.'

*I smile at Kat.*

'Ladder 31 needs an officer. You want it, or you want to ease in slowly? Simon, you'll be on Ladder 31 regardless. Right now, Wilson is the acting lieutenant. Your times are good, probie. Keep working, they might get even better.'

*I turn back to Kat as she asks about the call.*

'It was a small shed fire, nothing too crazy. We had 12 coming to us, but I turned them around. We put a good knock on it.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*I shrug slightly at Stone, still smiling.*

'This is the first time I'll be away from my parents for a decently long time, I don't want to commit to running the ladder in case something goes wrong over there, but if we get something major I might just jump in on it, especially if we need the manpower.'

*Once he explains how the call went I nod again to him*

'Still fun times. I always play by the rule that its better to have more resources than you need than to  need more resources and have to wait for them. This way if something does end up happening...you already have them on the way or on scene.'

engine11lt.png

Engine 11

Badge 1704

*I nod.*

'Yeah, that's understandable. Well, there's always Fire 23,' *I chuckle.* 'And yeah, I definitely agree that it's always better to have em on the way if you need them. Can always turn them around if you end up not needing them.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

I stumble into the duty room a bit late, still smelling of the cigarette I had just finished. At least it was justified this time, as I had an early morning dentist appointment. "Raven is here." I say to the captains office. I see the guy holding over for me practically sprint down the hallway on his way home. 

Fire%20Generic.png
Firefighter/Paramedic Ewan Raven, Paramedic In Charge
Unit unassigned

Badge 1142

"Raven, you can relieve Wilson as Acting Lieutenant. I know he doesn't want it, so I'm sure he'll be glad to jump in the backseat."

Current Assignments

E11 - Acting Cpt Stone, FF Valentine, FF Rogers, FF Cook

L31 - Acting Lt Raven, FF Wilson, FF Noel, Probationary FF Almond

Fire 23 - Lt Baker

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

• 2 weeks later...