2020 Camping Trip

Blackburn

*Relaxing in my tent after setting up my stuff my peace is suddenly shattered with the sounds of something emerging from the forest's trail.  Loud roars from a diesel engine, trees cracking and the earth shakes as whatever is coming gets closer.  Rushing out of my tent I look to the tree line.  The trees violently sway from side to side as a huge RV pops out and enters the camping site.*

'What the fuck'

*With Ride of the Valkyries playing the RV drives on over to the stream and parks near it.  Then I see Big Jim through the window in the driver's seat and I die inside.  So much for getting away from him.*

Morgan Price
ERT 911 Communications Dispatcher
Badge 1606

*Hearing the rumble and the trees breaking in the forests I put down my book and look to the tree line.  My mouth drops at the site of an RV pushing out of the hiking trail to the camp site.  Speechless, I am left speechless at the sight I am beholding here as the RV drives through the site and parks next to the stream.*

'Who? Hell? Why?'

*Tossing my book onto my chair I look to the lake where most of everyone else is and then back to the RV.  God I am hoping the Park Rangers don't have any rules against RVs in these camping sites they have.*

sd200lt.png

Lieutenant Andrew Blackburn
Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*Figuring I'll join the others in the lake I head into my tent to change into my swimsuit.  No sooner do I get inside does the ground begin to rumble and the sound of trees breaking fill the air.  The wildlife in the forest howl and having only taken off my shirt I leave my tent to see what's going on.  As I get outside of my tent Ride of the Valkyrie plays off and my point of view is quickly blocked by a semi-truck style RV driving pass me.  Too close I stumble backwards back into my tent and the back of my head hits my cot metal frame.  I conk out not knowing what hit me.*

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Landon Cook
Engine 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 2021

*As I play around in the water something chaotic is happening in the campsite as an RV exits from the hiking trail to the site.  Well that's something I guess but I'm not that interested in it right now so I fall backwards into the water and just decide to float on my back for awhile.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Shiloh County Sheriff Department
Badge 1504

*I smile as Stone and Rogers tell me to join them, I think about it for a moment looking at Burke and then back to Stone. Why not. I slip my shoes, socks, and pants off and pull off my shirt leaving just my bikini, but before I can hop in the water I hear this rumbling sound coming down the path.*

'What the fuck...?'

*I say quietly to myself, turning to look in its direction only to see an RV come smacking through trees into the campsite.*

'Who the hell.'

*I say as it parks, I turn my attention back to Stone and Rogers*

'You seeing this shit?'

*I look back to the RV one more time before deciding it wasn't worth questioning anymore and hopping into the water*

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Badge 1704

*I pull into a parking spot and grab my stuff, making my way down to the campsite. I wasn't sure what I was gonna do, but the camping trip provided a nice escape from Crescent Falls, and a even better time for just being in nature, which, when you were in a college town pretty much everyday, was a pretty welcome change for a bit. On my way down to the campsite though I see trees knocked down on the way down and shake my head at the sight. I make it to the camp site and see an RV sitting there...a large RV at that.*

'Clearly someone couldn't handle the idea of camping...'

*I say quietly as I shake my head, sure a RV is a nice little mobile home on wheels, but I wouldn't call it camping. I find a place to set up and set my stuff down starting to set up my little area.*

sd205dep.png

Deputy Casey DeMarco
Unit 205

Badge 1827

*I right myself in the water, tugging my shirt off and tossing it ashore. I pull my flip flops off and toss them with it. I was glad I had already had my swimming trunks on and hadn't been thrown in in jeans; that'd be uncomfortable. I grin as Kat - Baker, that is, since both were here now - starts stripping down to her bikini to join us. I swim out into the lake a little, getting out of the shallow three-foot-deep area we were in to deeper water. As I feel the earth rumble, even through the water, I look towards the trail. Trees are quivering in the distance, with one or two occasionally disappearing from sight. I couldn't help but picture Jurassic Park.*

'What the fuck?'

*The minor earthquakes get steadier and steadier as the rumbling grows in volume, and the opening notes to Ride of the Valkyries blare as an International RV bursts through the treeline, barreling into the campground. Surely that wasn't within the rules. What the hell? How did he even get that down here? That trail wasn't even close to wide enough.*

'Yeah, uh, yeah, I'm seeing this shit. Who the fuck is that?'

*I shake my head and decide to just leave it be for now as Baker jumps into the water.*

'Fuck, I don't know. We'll figure it out eventually I guess.'

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

*hearing the rumbling i look towards where it comes from and see a large Rv coming*. 

‘’You seeing this shit 

‘yeah uh yeah im seeing this shit who the fuck is that’. 

‘ i think its best we don’t question it it’s probably someone from ERT... I just hope its not that guy who’s constantly eating well on the mic’. 

*i start to swim towards the middle of the lake* 

‘who wants to find calms its something we always do back home in Maine when we go swimming’ 

engine1ff.png

Firefighter Kathrine Clark 
Engine 1

Badge 2012

*Floating on my back and having drifted further out into the lake I happen to hear Mrs. Rogers suggestion of finding clams.  It causes me to smirk a bit as I continue to relax and take in the sun.  Used to find a few of those in Lake George back home when I was younger.  Good memories of that lake except for the submerged rocks nearby the lake's beach.*

'Well I wonder if that's the type of clams Stone wants to find though?'

*Can't help but tease Stone here.  Get the feeling he is after some of the girls who work for ERT, perhaps including me, but he just can't make up his mind.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*With a long hiss and electric whine, the sides of the RV start to move outward, greatly opening up the space on the interior of the RV.*

After about a minute, they're fully expanded. I am now able to fit into the actual middle of the RV, albeit very tightly. As my wife sets things up inside, I decided to head outside and take a breath of fresh air.

On the outside of RV, there are three doors. Two well-disguised large doors (that are blended so well into the paint job of the RV and you couldn't tell they were there), and a regular door with a small staircase right next to the large doors. 

*The large double doors open, and out comes a hydraulic-lift designed to lift wheelchai's in and out. On the hydraulic lift I sit...on a large motorized wheelchair with large off-road style tires. The hydraulic lift clears the side of the RV and begins lowering me to the ground. The motor struggles but manages to slowly lower my mass, plus motorized chair, to the ground without problem. I steer my power chair off the ramp and over to a switch on the side of the RV. I open the switch cover and press a button. A retractable awning unravels and brings shade to the entire side of the RV*

I look around and see Blackburn off in the distance staring at me.

*I wave happily*

'Howdy neighbor!' I yell.

*I take a look around*

'This place is pretty.'

*seeing everyone by the water I decide to make my way over that way. My off-road electric wheelchair takes me there pretty quickly.*

'Howdy folks!' I say waving as I approach the water.

James "Big Jim" Kowalski
Dispatcher

Shiloh County ERT Communications
Badge 2098

*As I'm watching the RV sets itself up and jabba the hut on a wheelchair comes out of it all I can think of is: who the fuck is that?  He spots me looking at him and begins to wave.*

'Howdy neighbor!'

*Out of habit I wave back still wondering who he is as he wheels on over to the lake.  If he actually works for ERT and actually belongs here I hope we have enough food.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

*id chuckle a bit as everyone I decided to go cook some burgers  Alysaa decided to jump In as well before I’d see this huge rv the size of train I see this fat guy on scooter he kinda look likes my grandma I’d decide to pull a prank on everyone I go inside the tent I’d grab burgers and worms and put each one on a tray cut a tiny  hole in each one of them and let the worms slide in I’d go go outside on put them on tin foil on the metal plate*

”anybody want burgers it my grandma special recipe”

sd204dep.png

Probationary Deputy Jay William
Unit 204

Badge 2016
17C4FD29-8D7C-4E7E-AF85-FB5663496C74.png

*seeing no one is coming with i dive under the water and swim to the bottom of the the lake and start looking but not finding anything before i have to come up for air.... after catching my breath i go back under for a second sweep but still nothing soo I decide to get outta the water and grab a beer* 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*Desiring to go back to reading I hear Williams ask if anyone wants burgers.*

'No thanks, already had Brats for lunch'

*I say walking away wondering why Williams made burgers in the first place.  We all just had lunch.*

sd200lt.png

Unit 200
Platoon Commander
Badge 1321

'Do clams live in lakes up here? Is that a thing? I thought clams came from the ocean...'

*I honestly did. Clams didn't live in lakes in South Carolina. Although...was that supposed to be a setup? First the definite coming-on, and now a joke about clams? She was cute, sure, but also definitely married. Not that I particularly cared, I wouldn't be the one being unfaithful. I quickly debate how to reply, but before I can figure something out, Hawke calls me out. I grin, my cheeks reddening.*

'A bachelor can't chase some pretty girls around?'

*I ask, winking at her. I try not to look at both Kats, but decide to slip Baker a glance and a wink, hoping Hawke wouldn't notice.*

'Hey, will you grab me a beer out of my cooler? Take one for yourself if you want,' *I ask Rogers as she gets out of the water.*

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

'Yes, but one who goes after two bunnies at once often catches neither.'

*Responding to Stone's question I feel like I've floated in the water enough.  Righting myself up in the water I see Stone winking at me and I just smirk.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

Hey will you grab me a better outta the cooler? Take one for yourself if you want’ 

yea what kind do you want stone’

*i walk over to the cooler and grab a beer for me and wait for stone to respond*

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*I arrive at the campground, later then I wanted to but after getting Scotts texts begging me to come I show up. Since I know next to nothing about camping I made a hasitly packed bag with recommendations found on google. Parking my truck in the parking lot I take the short walk down the path to find the campground. I see a large RV on the site with a man about the same size rolling around in an off road wheelchair.*

'This guy has the right fucking idea.'

*I say to nobody in particular. Looking around I find scott with a beer as I walk up.*

'I'm here Shitbird against my will. Camping blows, I only came here because I hope you get eaten by a bear or mauled by a mountain lion. If neither of those things happen you owe me a beer'

sd210dep.png

Deputy Mike Caldwell
Unit 210

Badge 1316

*not getting a response from Stone i grab a beer which appears to be all the same and bring it back over to him* 

‘here you go stone’

*he takes the drink and i walk away over to my tent to get into some clothes and also grab the stuff for S’mores from my bag* 

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*As Kat brings the beer back over to me, I take it, smiling up at her and thanking her. I then grin and grab her wrist, pulling her into the water with me.*

'Can't ask people to get in the water with you and then bail so soon,' *I chuckle.* 'Stay in a while.'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*i feel stone grab my wrist and then a sudden fall into the lake* 

‘cant ask people to get in the water with you and then bail so soon... stay in a while’ 

‘okay okay i will’ 

*i open my beer and take a sip of it and start to float*  

‘this was definitely a good idea to come to the camping trip’

engine1ff.png

Engine 1

Badge 2012

*After swimming around for a little while the tank top I'm wearing over my bikini top is starting to feel a little annoying.*

'Well, I'll be back'

*Swimming to the shore I get out of the lake and take off my tank top.  Picking up my clothes I walk on over to my tent and hang them up on the tent itself to dry out.  Heading over to the social area by the campfire I open up my cooler and pull out a bottle of Corona.  Popping it open I return to the lake, taking a few sips along the way.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504

*I see the guy in the wheelchair drive it up to the water and blinks slightly*

'Hey.'

*Is all I say before slipping under the water and coming back up with a smile.I grin slightly as I hear Stone's comment about chasing pretty girl, and grin even more as I see him wink at me, I smile a bit wider toward him for a second before slipping back under the water and relaxing in it*

'This water is amazing isn't it?'

*I say to no one in particular as I relax, watching Rogers bring stone a beer before I look toward the campsite to see what the others are doing.*

'Seems like a lot of people just want to relax for the moment...though this water is just as relaxing as sitting in a chair out there would be, at least to me.'

engine11lt.png

Lieutenant Katherine Baker
Engine 11

Badge 1704

*I crack open the bottle of Michelob and take a swig. The cold beer was great in the heat. The water felt good, the company was good. All around, it was a good time. I smile to myself as I see Baker's grin grow with my wink towards her. Maybe Hawke was right, that I shouldn't be so indecisive about chasing after the girls. Maybe I should really pick one to go after instead of messing around with the various girls. And while I felt like I never really knew where I stood with Hawke, Baker definitely seemed to enjoy the attention. I look over to her as she asks about the water and smile.*

'Yeah, the water's great. Company's not so bad, either,' *I flash her another smile as I lounge back in the water next to her. I close the bottle of Michelob, keeping it close at hand and occasionally taking a swig.*

'Yeah, relaxing after lunch is definitely the way to go. I'm telling you, Spain is onto something with the siesta. They've got the right idea.'

*I take another swig from beer and gesture towards her with it.*

'Want one?'

u22apc.png

Unit 22

Badge 1909

*Traveling back out into the lake I'm guessing I'm in roughly two feet of water when I decide to sit down.  Not going to be able to drink and swim plus I don't want to remain standing all the time so sitting down feels like the right decision.  Should've brought a float to sit or lay down on though.  Hearing Baker's comments about the water being nice and people just wanting to relax I nod in agreement.*

'Yeah, it's a gorgeous day.'

*Hearing Stone comment about siestas and Spain I give a bit of a puzzled look.*

'But I thought siestas was a Mexican thing?'

*Chugging down some of my beer I set my bottle down in the water and let it float.  It bobs steadily and freely in the water leaving my hands free for other things that I may want them to do; like adjusting my bikini top so it doesn't slip off my breasts.  It's dawning on me that I'm the only cop in the water.  Sure Scott is by the lake's shore but he's not in the water so that doesn't count.  Jabba the Hut isn't in the water either and he's on the shore as well; plus I don't know what division he works for but I'm certain it's not the Sheriff's Department.  Would Burke count?  He's the commissioner of the ERT which the Sheriff's Department is a part of.  Yeah, going to say he doesn't count.  Not to mention where did he go?  Is he still in the water or did he get out?  Oh well, he'll show up when he wants to be seen.*

'Well, anyways, curious, what got you two interested in doing Fire for a living?'

*Grabbing my bottle of Corana out of the lake I take a sip from it as I wait for replies.*

sd215cpl.png
Coporal Evelyn Hawke
Unit 215

Badge 1504