Duty Room

K. Summers

*I arrive at the firehouse and walk straight into the duty room, coffee in hand. I enter the room seeing a few others already present*

’Morning all’

*I Place my coffee on a table toward the front of the room and take a seat*

image.png

Paramedic Doug McGuire
Medic 1

Shiloh County Fire Department
Badge 0907

* i pull skylars jeep into the lot   Opting to leave her my truck for the shift park and lock her wrangler and after tossing my bag in my bunk walk in to report grabbing some house brew and a pop tart on the way in* ‘ morning y’all’ * i say before i scarf the poptart ill get a bowel if cereal or something after i get my asignment*

medic1519emt.png
EMT Bobby Ray Jackson
Medic 15

Shiloh County Fire Department EMS
Badge 1714

*After a hectic morning on account of a 3 year old not wanting me to go to work I finally enter the duty room to report in for work.  Still feeling a bit sleepy I take a sip of my coffee while finding a spot to stand and wait for assignments to come out.*

medic1-2emt.png

EMT Erika Sjostrom
Medic 1

Badge 1315

*I slide into the parking lot at ten minutes after 8, throwing my shitbox into the first available parking spot. I step out, lighting up a cigarette as I walk towards the door. I quickly smoke it down and head inside knowing I was about 15 minutes late. Oh well.*

medic7pm.png

Paramedic Tom Murdoch
Medic 7

Badge 2008

*I step in and see the crowd of EMS personnel. I can see everyone here so I don't need to check the printout *

M1

Murdoch

Erika

M2

Sparks

Breslin

Callahan

M5

Doug

Jackson

Smith

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1

Badge 1301

EMS Station Officer
QA/QI Staff EMT-P

*I glance towards the door as Raven steps in. I nod to him slightly and make a mental adjustment to the schedule.*

'Assignments are as follows. We can adjust if we get any latecomers.'

Engine 11 - Lt Baker, FF Valentine, FF Cook

Rescue 1 - Acting Lt Raven, FF Rogers, FF Wilson

Squad 1 - Acting Cpt Stone, FF/PM Noel

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

• 5 weeks later...

*I walk in and head to the front of the room, taking a seat. I was surprised that no one else was here yet. Usually most of the crew was here by this time. Oh well, everyone had good and bad days. And Christ, was that Murdoch sliding into the corner of the room? He was never the first medic in. Never. Yet here he was today. Absolutely wild.*

u22apc.png

Acting Platoon Chief Marcus Stone
Unit 22

Badge 1909

*Still feeling half asleep, I enter the room with a to go cup of coffee and a paper bag containing a coffee roll, both picked up on the way from a local corner store. I nod to those already occupying the room and take a seat at the end of one table. I sit in silence with my coffee and pastry, simply allowing my presence to announce my presence*

image.png

Paramedic Doug McGuire
Medic 1

Badge 0907

* not happy we got canceled en route to the explosion but glad another crew got it i pull my truck into the lot parking and locking my pickup i grab a duffel bag if freshly washed clothed slinging it in my bunk on my way to the duty room i can unpack after assignments* ‘morning guys’

Edited by Vanguard

engine1ff.png

Firefighter/EMT Dave Valentine
Engine 1

Badge 1319

*Walking in the back of the room, I sit quietly, praying nobody wants to raise their voice. My head just isn't right. I'm not sure if it was the loud music, or the strong liquor. Either way, I'm not one for loud noises this morning*

engine1acpt.png
Acting Captain Jennifer Noel
Engine 1

Badge 2001

*I get the printout. Two callouts, Erika and Logan. Fuck... I only have one trained BLS and 2 medics that need drivers. Looks like I'm on the road again*

M1

Jackson

Smith

Murdoch

M5

Callahan

McGuire

Breslin

image.png

EMS Lieutenant Alyssa Breslin
O-1